Do you wish you could turn back the hands of time and do things differently? I know there are a couple of things I would easily take back but I can’t. Life is all about learning and finding out who you are so this post is about “things I would tell my younger self what I know now”.
- Not everyone is going to stay in your life. Everyone is in our lives for a reason. Whether or not they make it to the end with you. You don’t need a big number of friends just a small circle will do.
Sometimes your circle decreases in size, but increases in value.
- If I knew I wanted to see as much of the world as I do now, I wouldn’t have spent so much money on material things I didn’t really need. Did I need that new cd? Does the top really fit into my wardrobe?
- Life is all about learning. It’s ok if you fail. It’s ok if you get rejected. The point is that you tried. All you’ve got to do is get back on your two feet and get back up and try again. If life was easy, it’d be boring.
- If you want something, you’ve got to work hard for it. I worked 2 jobs for 7 years so I either did 12 hour days, or 12 days straight of working (some not a standard 8 hour day) but it was all worth it in the end because I got to see places I never thought I’d get too. Also don’t let people tell you what you can and can’t do. It’s up to you how you want to live your life.
- Don’t let the fear of the unknown get to you. When I think of something I’d let to do like move overseas and work I always way out the cons over the pros. It’s a habit I need to break. Life is an adventure. Make one that is worth telling everyone about instead of blank pages.
- Laughter is the best medicine. It’s who you hang out with that will make life better.
- Think more positive, less Negative.
- Accept and give compliments.
- If you can dream it you can do it!
What would be some advice you’d give to your younger self?